May 22, 2011

Bags of love using photos of your art-work ........

It is really lovely to sell a painting but saying a permanent good-bye to a 'one-off' is often quite sad! But like many other artists I have tried to keep a photographic record of all my paintings and have recently been giving thought to the possibility of using these images in some way. Possibly as gifts or maybe even for resale.

I had noticed advertisements for photo-imaging on wrapped canvas and recently had the opportunity to try this method out with a company called BAGS OF LOVE who are based in the U.K.

I must say that I found them really helpful and efficient. All I had to do was provide an image of my painting and choose the size of canvas, - 'Bags of Love' would do all the rest. Of course, from an artistic viewpoint the photograph needed to be, as near as possible, true with regard to colour and detail. The finished canvas arrived well-wrapped (and undamaged) in under two weeks. I was certainly pleased with the result and have since had a second one reproduced.


Beachcombers (I)
(photo-print on wrapped canvas)



Chasing waves
(photo-print on wrapped canvas)


BAGS OF LOVE offer many additional options for using your photographs - e.g. montages, collages, bags, cushions and other furnishings, and may well tempt you to experiment with images of your art work!


2 comments:

Gobetween's Space said...

Really cool, love it.

Andrei said...

very realistic picture, beautifull colors, great - bravo.