How it goes is:
1. I post seven things about myself that are a habit, unusual or that no-one else knows. I also give the link to the person who tagged me and information on how the meme works.
2. I also 'tag' seven blogger friends in a list in this post, and then leave a message on their blogs telling them that they've been tagged (giving the link back to this post).
3. These 'tagees' then post seven things about themselves, repeating steps 1 & 2 ........
Sound a bit confusing? - It's not really and I am going to do the whole bit here. It should be fun running round looking at people's lists!
Participation is entirely voluntary of course ..... But I hope it results in a widening circle of blogging pals for everyone who gives it a go!
MY SEVEN THINGS .....
1. I did not stop looking under the bed every night before getting into it until I was about 25!
2. I am author of 5 chapters in a nursing/medical textbook - McCulloch (Ed), 'Infection Control: Science, management and practice'. London and Philadelphia, Whurr Publishers Ltd, 2000.
3. At age 14 two of my friends and I auditioned for a British TV Talent Show .... we sang a medley of three Everley Brothers' songs - 'Dream', 'Let it be me' and 'Bye-Bye Love'. We were not successful! ... our heat was won by a girls Scottish Pipe Band. But it was a great day out!
4. On the night of the Talent Show audition we went to a concert and saw Adam Faith, Cliff Richards, and the Shadows all together on the same bill at a local theatre. They were all just starting.
5. I have several recurrent nightmares. In the worst one it's night time and I am trying to secure this old house from a dangerous intruder, but as I frantically run to secure all entries points I cannot get any of the windows and doors to latch or lock properly. How neurotic is that!
6. I once laughed so much that I wet myself and created this huge puddle in the street. I was 8 years old at the time .... but you never quite get over a thing like that!
7. Well I really think I have said a bit too much already so this last one is very innocuous! ... I just adore soldiers ...... Marmite ones. (Brits and Kiwis will know about these!)
And should anyone be interested (and I can't think why) .... I once posted another list of Thirteen Things about myself here.
I am tagging art friends spread across the globe - just to prove what a wonderful networking tool the Blogging world is for artists
Annaig - FRANCE. Beautiful watercolours, acrylics and digital art.
Philip Edson - Alicante, SPAIN. I'm hoping that he will put down his brushes and palette knives for a while and come out to play! Great abstract art.
Nita Leland - Ohio, USA. Artist, teacher, author. Is a great inspiration for me (and many others).
Bee Skelton - CYPRUS. One of the happiest blogs to read that I know of. Full of sunshine, and lovely art.
Viv King - Cape Town, SOUTH AFRICA. Another sunny blog - full of vibrant colour.
Diane Cutter - PUERTO RICO. Wonderful art from this fine artist and printmaker. Met up with her first at Wet Canvas.
Susan Borgas - SOUTHERN AUSTRALIA. My nearest 'neighbour' in the seven - just about 4 hours flying time away! Another super artist and someone who has been a quiet support to me since I have been blogging.
Go see their lovely paintings and find out their seven secrets when they post them!
Technorati Tags Art, Meme, Blog, Artist, Painting