29 Oct 2007

Abstract paintings - three small entries


New horizons
(Acrylic)


Fragment
(Acrylic)


On reflection
(Acrylic)

I have been fiddling about trying to get some entries together for the Locations Open Art Awards 2007, Queenstown, and have 'tidied up' three 12 x 12 canvases started earlier this year. I have done very little in the way of art lately and my newest piece has been entered into the City of Dunedin Art Awards 2007 (I am waiting to hear whether or not it has been selected).

As Queenstown is over 3 hours drive away I decided that this year I would not take and collect works in person but send them via courier. However, using a courier service for large paintings can be a bit costly (e.g. sending two 36" x 24" canvases to Auckland recently cost $112 return) so I decided that smaller canvases were the sensible way to go, particularly while sales are so few and far between. Wish me luck!


8 comments:

Ed Maskevich said...

Lesly, I really like the painting titled "Fragment". For me it is the strongest of the 3. Also, congrats on your daughter's wedding.

leslyf said...

Thank you, Ed. I agree with you about 'Fragment' ... the other two were conceived and painted at a different time. Its strange how paintings aeem to paint themselves and the style changes slightly 'of itself'! It will be interesting to see which of the three are hung.

Jafabrit said...

I agree with ed, I really like "fragment". It is very strong. Keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

leslyf said...

thanks Corinne ... on reflection I have decided not to enter 'on reflection'(!!!!) But I am very happy about 'Fragment' and fairly happy with 'New Horizons'.

Philip said...

They all beat me to it! My first reaction was to say Fragment is the best of the three but its already been said. It is a strong, masculine picture and holds the attention..

Jo Castillo said...

Lesly,

I, too, picked Fragment before I read the comments. It is so nice.

Good luck on both contests.

Jo

Camplin said...

New horizons is my fav. Very strong, reminds me of Gerhard Richter.

Iggi Art said...

You have a great imagination, as well as a potential and rich talent… I like your work, it's like dream, many seem windows that open to other worlds most complex. It´s crazy, it´s fantastic, it´s oniric. You’re creativity it´s not limit. You´re force image is rich of sensivity, great work! I´m from Chile and if you have time, please visit my own site on…

www.iggiart.blogspot.com